Wednesday, July 31, 2013

07.29.2013 Start of 3rd Transfer -- New Companion from Taiwan

Wow it is so crazy that transfer 3 starts today!! AHHH So Sis R. left (moment of silence) I am going to miss her so much, but I got my new companion! Her name is Sister H., she is from Taiwan- she has been out for about a year but this is only her 2nd area!  She is like the complete opposite from R., but she is super great and I love her a lot.  It is crazy because I am done with the 12 week training program, and Sis H. doesn't take language study so I went from a 7 hour work day to a 9 hour work day. But it has been great! I love it!!  I am learning a lot about patience, since we do things so differently but we are both working so hard and it has been great the past couple of days!

So Sis S. left too, and Sis I. is training again so Sis S. is here- she's from Cali San Diego, she is super cute and the best news is she will go running with me!! YAY! haha Sis S. lasted 2 times and then stopped going with me hahaha so I am way excited! :)

We have a new DL and two new ZLs.  and most of our zone changed so it will be good to get to know everyone.  So they changed the districts up a little bit and I'm not in the Gateshead district anymore, which is sad because Elder H. is still there and he is like our bff.  But we are in the Durham distrtict and our DL is Elder B.l, he has served in Newcastle before, he has actually been on the chinese agenda for a lot of his mission even though he isn't a chinese speaker- (which gives me hope that maybe I can stay that way too!! haha) so it will be great :)

This week has been really good.  So we got in contact with B.- he has been so busy with school and he has his huge project due in 2 weeks and he told me he was afraid that if he gave up the time to study (by praying and reading) and if he got a bad score he would end up not believing in God.  So we met with him and resolved his concern and he promised he would come to sacrament meeting, but then he didn't show up :( so sad. . . . . .

But we had a great lesson with J. and S..  We showed the Finding Faith in Christ dvd.  J. and S were crying through it. So at the end I bore my testimony about the Savior- and the spirit was so strong- I teared up a little. Poor Sis H.- she had no idea what was going on haha.  It was so great though!  J. told us she wouldn't come to church but we got them to commit to saying a family prayer this week (for J. that is a big step).  Then J. and S. left and we had a great member visit with J.- her other daughter C. lives in our ward with her husband and 3 of their kids.  I guess P. is having serious heart problems and J. was so stressed about them, their kids, and J. and S.- so we had a really good talk with her and she asked me to say a prayer for the family.  It was a really powerful experience.  I love the little miracles we see with that family!

So M. and J., the couple we found last week street contacting, they are so great! They went on holiday and when they came back we met with them and M. said she believes in God.  She had an amazing experience with prayer while they were gone. Sis R. taught her in relief society that once we love and accept God we should serve other people. So M. decided since she doesn't have a job where she could share her money with the poor that she would donate her time at a charity shop. So that is what she is doing now!! M. wasn't able to come to church because of that- but J. came and had another great experience!  They are coming to FHE tonight and we are so excited for them!!!!!!!!!!! and we found out they don't live together! so we are so excited that we don't have to tell them that one of them has to move out! hahaha

Pres and sister P. came to our ward to speak- they were so great! Pres P. is such a great speaker!  He talked about missionary work and how it isn't scary and how they are already doing it.  It was so great for the ward to hear- and we are trying to work even harder with the ward in our missionary efforts.  Then all the sisters had our interviews with him, he is so great and President and sister P’s are worried about my health and they are really supportive and he was impressed with the work that we have done and building up the chinese group. I really really really really like the P’s! and their british humor- hilarious! hahaha


Well that is all I got for this week :) I love you loads!  Hope everyone is doing well!!!!  <3 Sister Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment