Saturday, September 27, 2014

09.15.2014 -- Red Lipstick (Best Week Ever!!!)


Hey family!!!

Oh my goodness, BEST WEEK EVER!!!!

So I was able to make the rounds and say goodbye to some of the people I love in Keighley, A. was really sad I was leaving- but we had an amazing lesson with her!  <3

Transfer meeting was THE BEST, because almost every sister was getting transferred, so I got to see so many of my mission friends!  Which is good because it was kind of my last chance!  But Sister Neilson and Morris were there, my two beautiful daughters :) as well as Sister Monroy, who is Sister Neilson's daughter :) happy to see the family all together ;)

I am LOVING Huddersfield! I am just so sad I only get 6 weeks here, but it's ok because I am making the most of every minute!!  Sister Robison served her for like a year, she was here ages! And I guess she has posted all over facebook that I was coming and to take good care of her mission daughter :) So I felt like a movie star walking into the chapel on Sunday ;) haha

But really it is amazing! I have been here like 4 days, I have already had hotpot with a group of Chinese people, placed 3 copies of the Chinese Books of Mormon!  Neither one of us speak Chinese but having served for 7 1/2 months in 2 Chinese areas, plus my time in Leeds, I have been really blessed with experience with these amazing people!  Huddersfield is beautiful and it is a great mix between city and country :) It's perfect!!
I'm serving with Sister Decker, she is from Lehi and I love her to death! We are having so much fun and working hard!! 

So we have amazing investigators!!  There is this guy we are teaching called Y., we clicked right away!  We have had 2 lessons with him since I have been here, and they have both been two of the most powerful lessons I have ever experienced!!!   He really wants to get baptized, but there are some fears he has, mostly with his family, that are stopping him at the moment.  We had the most incredible lesson on faith and over coming fear through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  Right after there was a baptism for the Huddersfield 1 ward so he got to witness that.  Powerful.  He really wants to get baptized sooner now!!  He taught our gospel principles class on Sunday! hahaha it was AMAZING! He is going to the temple with the YSA tomorrow, and we are praying that as he is outside the temple, the Lord will answer his prayers about when he should be baptized :)  He says the most sincere prayers, and it really has made me think, Y. knows that he is conversing with God when he prays, he takes his time and truly pours out his soul to God.  I wonder if our prayers are like that or if we just rush through.  Do we realize we are talking to the most powerful Being- our Heavenly Father?  So I have really focused on prayer this week :) and I have NEVER been happier!!!

We are teaching a couple called E. and L., E. is from Greece and L. is from Albania. I love them!  E. is the best! She is so fun and she has such a strong testimony in God, it is unbelievable.  She loves the Book of Mormon so much!!!  They are my great! and when we come to England they really really want to meet you guys :)  E. loves coming to church! She finds such great peace as she comes, which is amazing because she has had some really tough challenges over the past few months.

Then there is this less active called T., actually Sister Robison was his missionary!! Well he wanted us to come by on Saturday because he had some friends who wanted to learn about ''the God''. We go and he had 5 friends for us to teach!  It was incredible!  It was also amazing because the Spirit really guided me, I was able to remember ALOT of Chinese!!!  and I was saying quite a few words and phrases, they were all amazed! So we had a lesson on prayer, and then all of us knelt in prayer- and it was the best experience I have ever had in my life.  The faith and humility that each one of them had, all coming together hearing their first ever prayer, the Spirit was SO strong.  Each one of them said that they felt it! 

We went back last night, and had hotpot with them :) and we all know how much I love Chinese food! so I was happy! Then we taught about the Book of Mormon, they are so excited to read it!  It is amazing!!!

We were contacting and we met this lady, she has a very strong belief in God and she has come across a lot of LDS missionaries.  We talked to her forever, she told us that she had prayed that morning for something, anything, but she just needed to be reminded that God loved her.  She kept telling us that we were angels and that she could see the Saviour in our faces.  It was amazing, the Spirit was strong and it was incredible to be the Saviour's hands and reach out and talk to her and be the answer to her prayers!  I know that God hears and answers EVERY single prayer that we say. Because He heard my prayers, this is EXACTLY where I need to be. I have never felt so strongly, that I am needed in an area than I do here in Huddersfield!  It is incredible!

So happy :)  and Sister Decker is changing me, I now wear bright red lip stick and run every morning ;) hahaha

I love you guys so much!

have a good week!!!



























No comments:

Post a Comment