Monday, May 12, 2014

04.22.2014 -- Another great week here in South Shields!!! Time is still FLYING by!!

Hey family!!!! Well another great week here in south shields!!!  Time is still FLYING by!!

So this week we had our zone training meeting and interviews with President.  When I got in for my interview I was so happy because President never brought up the car and the gas situation! :) So at the end he was like anything else Sister Monroe?? And I told him how sorry I was!!!!! and He hit his hand against his head and said ''ugh that is what I was talking about!  Those zone leaders should use their heads a little more and they should have told you!!!'' :) so all is good there :) both President and Sister Pilkington think it was the zone leaders fault ;)  :D hahaha

Sounds like Disney was a really fun trip!!!  I got to go away this week too! All the way over to Stanley :) Went on exchange with Sister Sewell- and that was great because we took the zone leaders car and set off and Sis Peck and Allen stayed in South Shields.  It was such a good exchange!!! We saw so many miracles!!  We found a new investigator and taught some great lessons! :) 

Came back for Easter weekend- they really go all out here for Easter weekend. They celebrate Good Friday all the way to the Monday :) But here in South Shields it is just an excuse to get wasted all weekend- oh man so so many drunks!!!!!  It ended up being hilarious- a drunk less active came up to us on the street- I kind of was backing away but sister peck couldn't tell that he was drunk so she stood there smiling- he goes in for a hug and she must have taken karate because she hit his arm and said ''NO!''  it was the funniest thing to watch! 
We are still working hard trying to find new people!!  we have done SO much finding recently!! Wish us luck because today we have an appointment with a potential! She is so cute and has 2 adorable kids!!!

One of those days when we were contacting I was a guy sitting on the steps across the street- I had such a strong prompting to go talk to him- so we did!  Turns out he was such an angry man! He was telling us that we are wrong and that we don't know what we really believe in.  Anyways we testified and were really blunt with him.  Then after talking with him for a while we walked away and I was thinking- why? why would I have a prompting to talk to that guy?! He was a jerk!  And true he needed a chance to hear the gospel- but I got my answer the next door we knocked at.  This really nice young mom answered the door- she said she had literally just walked in!  So we had a great chat with her! She isn't too interested but said we could come back this week, so that was a tender mercy to me- being lead to someone who would listen to us :) if we wouldn't have talked to that guy we would have missed her!!

Then Saturday I went on exchange with Sis Nigido! Oh man I LOVE that girl!!!!  Living with her for 6 months :) the best thing ever!!  But we had such a great exchange!! We street contacted over near the beach :) and it was the most natural contacting that I have ever done! She is so great and we had so much fun!!!

Easter Sunday was so great :) I was overwhelmed with happiness as I walked in the chapel- with the ward that I love so so so much!  I was going around talking to people and just so happy.  In sunday school I sat with shaun on my left and emma on my right and I was just thinking this must be what heave feels like!!  Then after sacrament I took a step back and just looked around- I just love these people so much!!  I loved sharing this special time of year with them and to be there serving them! 

:) Such a good week!!

And on a less spiritual note- The South shield sisters are trying to collect all of the disney princesses from the kinder eggs-- the best chocolate ever with a surprise toy inside, guess they are illegal in america- shame ;(--- but ya we kind of went crazy 20 in a week--  but hey we have been using them for finding so that has been good!  We have all of them except for belle! :(  and we have about 5 cinderellas and 4 snow whites!  You should have seen how excited nigido and I were when we found ariel.   .  .  haha oh how the little things become exciting when you are a missionary! 

have a good week!!


<3 Sis Monroe
















No comments:

Post a Comment