Sunday, October 6, 2013

09.23.2013 with pictures


Hey sorry with sending pics I don't have much time!

But it has been such a great week here in york!!

Monday: we had zone pday- it was zone Olympics and it was SO MUCH FUN! with basketball, nurf gun wars, salt water pong, ultimate spoons, and they had a nurf sword fighting competition- it was all bracketed out- beat Sister I. round 1 and then lost to Elder Rodgers round 2 ;( hahaha

We saw so many miracles!  We are teaching this chinese couple T. and V. and they are so great!  They really encourage each other and T. prayed when he went home!  He didn't feel any special feelings but he said he would continue to pray!  We gave them each a Book of Mormon and they were so excited!

Our biggest miracle was a referral we got from Elder N., M. and S.- mom and daughter.  We went to their house on Saturday had a great lesson and then they came to church on Sunday! Sarah who is 15 loved it so much!!! In fact she asked us if she could stay for the mission president fireside that was at 6 that night! so of course we were so excited to hear her say that!  Our church gets out at 4 so we just stayed at the chapel with her, watched the restoration DVD and had a great lesson with her.  The mission president fireside was so good!!

Don't worry I am sending a letter this week- so I'll give you more details then!

But I can't believe we are on week 3 of the transfer!  IT goes by so fast!  Sister I. and I are having so much fun and working really hard!  We have been blessed to see this area grow so much in the short amount of time!!  It isn't Newcastle but it is ok because we are loving street contacting and when we do get to teach someone we appreciate it that much more!!

Such a great week! Our ward is amazing and they just love sister missionaries :)  The primary did their presentation this Sunday- they were so cute and S. loved it so much!

We were also able to get V. to church!  He is so interesting- and he believes there is a God- but that there are many paths to get to him- everytime when we go to his house he always ends up teaching the member we have with us about Buddah- so they are very interesting lessons! haha but he finally committed to reading the BoM so that is great!!

Well I have to go but I love you all so much! Thank you for ALL that you do!!!! and all of the letters! I love love love letters!!!!! You're the best!  I am so grateful for all of you <3

Love Sister Monroe

ps I keep having a dream that Spence got his call to the England Leeds Mission. . . hahaha weird!


First two pictures below are Holly and her kids- we ate their every single week when I was in Newcastle!  She was like my mom and I LOVED the kids!!!!!!  SO MUCH!!!!  They are so cute and fun!!



My goodbye to this sweet girl who I love so much!

My last morning walking the streets of Newcastle- Northumberland, we street contacted for hours everyday on this road!

The Newcastle missionaries

My mission '' sibilings''  Elder H.- our ''brother'' and then Sister I. is my ''sister'' posterity on the mission ;)

Our first night-- what an adventure, Elder B. gave us the wrong key, so we waited outside for a while! haha

York Minster Cathedral in York, England

Hanging out

We love this Sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment