Sunday, January 26, 2014

01.13.2014 -- Great week with baptism commitment

Hey!  How is everything going?!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SPENCER!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!! I can't believe he is 18!!! wow!

well this has been a great week here in Shields! On Pday we got to watch Remember the Titans- I love that film!!!! :)

We have had so many miracles this week!

So we taught S. the word of wisdom- pretty much he has problems with everything but drugs- and really really big problems with smoking.  We had a member at the lesson who also struggled with some word of wisdom so it was great that she got to share!  He said he was willing to try his best to live the word of wisdom- hooray!  Everytime we see him we ask how he is doing- he has cut back to 2 a day!!!!!  and he says I don't get it- I am no smoking but I have been so cheerful, I thought I was going to be short tempered and angry.  The Spirit is working in him!! I love seeing this process!! It is so happy!!!!!!!! :)

D. has also proven to be a miracle!!  So I had to go down to Leeds on Wednesday to go to a meeting so Sister Neilson was on exchange with 2 other sisters and they were working in Shields- and Sis Neilson being the amazing missionary that she is saw so many miracles!! They were able to schedule D.!!! YAY!!!

On Saturday we went to the Powers house and we cooked dinner for them, to thank them for Christmas and all that they do for us, and they had D. over so they were fellowshipping him and they really clicked and we had a nice meal and then had a lesson on temples and family history work.  It was AMAZING!! His wife died a few years ago and knowing that he can be sealed to her for all of eternity means a lot to him!!  He also has read up to 1 Nephi 12! and came with a load of questions!!! YAY :)

It has just been a really great week :)  I am still loving it here in Shields!

There was a relief society activity on Thursday evening- we got some less active sisters there so we were able to go too, it was a lot of fun working on crafts and getting food! It is such a great ward!!  :)

Yay for mission miracles!!

Well I hope you all have a great week!! 

Love Sister Monroe <3 :)


ps wish me luck with the driving situation!








No comments:

Post a Comment